Thursday, November 15, 2012

Angry Letter RD


Maurice Berbano
Address Here
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
November 14, 2012

California Pizza Kitchen – Ala Moana
1450 Ala Moana Boulevard #3241
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814

Dear California Pizza Kitchen and to whom it may concern,

Don’t get me wrong here, my peers and I have always been fans of your delicious spinach artichoke dip and your mouth watering avocado club egg rolls. Those dishes were definitely items on the menu that were affordable and also kept us wanting to come back for more.

However, almost every time I make a trip here for either lunch or dinner, it always seems to be crowded. It may be because I always go there during the peak hours of a regular business day, but sometimes the wait is ridiculous. On the Monday after Veterans Day, my parents and I decided to eat there for dinner. We called to reserve but were then told that the restaurant did not accept reservations. Chancing it and approaching your restaurant, my parents suggested I go and see how long the wait would be for just the three of us. Caught by surprise, the restaurant looked pretty busy and the wait for the three of us was apparently an hour. We were discouraged from the amount of time we had to wait and ended up eating somewhere else after. In disbelief, the restaurant was as busy as CPK but we only had to wait for 5 minutes to get seated.

Another thing I am concerned about is the space between tables. Several months back, a friend and I went to CPK for lunch and were seated on a two-person table near the door.  There were other seats available, but the waitress decided to seat us here. As we were seated, we noticed the space between the table behind and in front of us. It was very cramped and close to each other, barely leaving space to back up and leave without disrupting the people behind of us. It made me uncomfortable to position myself before I eat because I would always feel like I would annoy the person sitting behind of me.

But aside from all of this, being told we have to wait for an hour, your workers were very respectful and apologized due to our disappointment. And aside from the cramped space, our server was very nice and kept the table going even though she had many other tables to manage. As said, your dishes never fail to satisfy my taste buds. With all of this, I feel it would be more comfortable if there could be more space between tables and less of a wait so appetites don’t diminish.

I understand that there’s limited space in the restaurant to accommodate people and certain no reservation policies that have to be followed. But I think the restaurant and the workers should improve on accommodating people so there would be less of a wait but still have a comfortable environment to enjoy their meal in.


Sincerely,




Maurice Berbano

3 comments:

  1. Maaaaurice,
    I reaaaaaally like your angry letter! I can clearly pull out what your main focuses are, give great detail, and are very clear in expressing your feelings. I can't see that much wrong with your letter, although you could maybe give an example of exactly how to improve it. Other that small things, I'm sure your final will be great!

    -Joy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeey Maurice,
    Your essay was really good i liked how you not only had one argument, but two it helped me as a reader to understand more about your topic. Its good how you arranged the argument and the good things as well. Also, good job on saying what to improve on, maybe add more. Anyways even though your essay was good i think that you should re-read it for any grammatical errors. Good job and i cant wait to read your final good luck!
    ~Kaitlyn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing, I would start with a more broad intro and not directly dive into the appetizers you enjoy. Please watch for tense shifts. Lastly "As said, your dishes never fail to satisfy my taste buds. With all of this, I feel it would be more comfortable if there could be more space between tables and less of a wait so appetites don’t diminish." This statement seems very choppy connect all together better. Ms(3+)

    ReplyDelete