Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Portfolio Reflection

Portfolio link: http://www.wix.com/maaaaurice/writing-standards-portfolio-s1#!


During this semester, I've learned a lot in being a writer. Over these past 4 months, I feel as if my knowledge in writing has expanded compared to how it was back in August.


One of the works that I'm most proudest of is my Querencia about my room because I put a lot of my personality into it and while writing the essay, I put a lot of thought into it. This essay was my favorite one so far & I hope we have more essays like it in the near future. I've also came across alot of obstacles. One of the greatest obstacles for me was facing the deadlines. Coming from a private school, I would have teachers reminding us day by day before the deadline of our assignment, but being in high school, especially in this class, it's taught me to be more responsible.  It was a big change for me. An example for me was having multiple projects due, such as KC3, Hawaiian History (video), and eCybermission. Mostly everything was due at the same time.This has taught me to time manage very well and to never procrastinate.


Next semester, one of my biggest goals is to lessen my habit of procrastination and to time manage very well. Being in this class, I've enjoyed writing more and more :)


*MOM & DAD*

  • What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio and why? 




  • What did you like about my portfolio and sharing and what would you like to see me improve on?




  • Which of the writing traits (ideas, organization, voice, word choice) do you feel was most successful for me?




  • Which of the traits of writing would you like me to improve on in the coming semester?
  • 1 comment:

    1. - We like your Querencia because a lot of you friends have been to our house and that's where you guys always hang out.
      - We liked how simple your portfolio was. We now know that it was a good choice to send you to Moanalua because of your interest in media. We think you should take your time while presenting to us and speak more clearly.
      - We think that "Voice" is most successful for you because in your two examples it proved a lot to us.
      - We think that the "Organization" trait is what you should work on because sometimes, we've noticed that you switch-off in your essays.

      Fr: Mom and Dad

      ReplyDelete