Thursday, December 6, 2012

1 Semester WSP (Parent Conference)


Hi Mom & Dad!

Here's the link to my portfolio. http://maaaaurice.wix.com/mauricewsp-s1

This semester, we've been assigned a variety of essays, all having to showcase each trait. We are required to have ideas that are clearly stated, an organized essay so it would be easy for readers, personality so it doesn't bore the readers, an effective word choice, and sentences that vary yet still make sense.
I can say that I've improved over the months and that each essay done has taught me something about writing. One of the essay's I am most proud of is my Risky Business, because as said, essays that included research weren't really my cup of tea. Writing this essay was one of my biggest challenges also, because I was more of a person who liked writing personal essays rather than ones that included research. This essay helped me step out of my comfort zone when it came to writing essays. It's made me more comfortable knowing that I am capable of writing strong essays that include a lot of research without having to worry.

Next semester, I would like yet to continue to improve on my skills writing essays that require a lot of research. Although I now feel comfortable writing research essays, there's still room for improvement.

After looking through my portfolio, please answer the following questions in a comment below.
  1. What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio and why?
  2. What did you like about my portfolio and sharing and what would you like to see me improve on?
  3. Which of the writing traits (ideas, organization, voice, word choice) do you feel was most successful for me?
  4. Which of the traits of writing would you like me to improve on in the coming semester?

- Maurice

1 comment:

  1. 1. We liked your Coming of Age essay because it was an experience we know you would enjoy when we were first told about it & you wrote it very well.
    2. It was very simple and easy to go through.
    3. Voice
    4. Word Choice

    ReplyDelete