Thursday, January 17, 2013

Allusion Draft

Reassurance

I was intimidated by many 
especially ones 
who seemed bigger than me.
better than me.
smarter than me.

I must admit I was a little jealous,
but I never let it get to the best of me.
I let fate take its course
and just went with the flow.

I want to be noticed,
or even better,
remembered.

Before I knew it, 
I was the most favored.
I didn't want to admit it, though. 

I'm always up for adventures,
even if I don't know where I'm headed to.

I want to be the one you can depend on
the one who you can call a leader
sticking to his word.
the loyal one.

I built friendships
and intend to keep them
doing everything possible
just to help them when they're in need
comforting them in all ways I could. 
Because when times get tough
and the road gets rough
I'll reassure you
that "you'll be fine, partner."

3 comments:

  1. I like it, I like it a lot. Throughout the whole poem I couldn't put a character to the descriptions but then in the end BOOM! A sudden realization, I was mind blown, instantly images of the movie flashed in my head. Each detail pertained to a certain event... Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your poem! The quote "you'll be fine, partner." Really locked I'm the allusion of your poem. Not only does your poem have the allusion, but it also has personal connections. Although, you could possibly add more allusions throughout the whole poem that gives MORE of an idea of who the allusion is too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! One thing I would do to improve the allusion so that it is clearer is try to incorporate a bit more examples from the movie or dialogue from the movie. This will really help readers see the allusion and the connection will be a lot stronger between allusion and yourself. If you can incorporate more specific references (i.e., my mind is beyond a toy for childsplay, faithful as one's favorite toy would be) or even dialogue, the allusion will be alot more effective. Because you could apply your poem to other allusions. MS(3+)

    ReplyDelete