Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Allusion Graphic Draft/Final poem



I was intimidated by many 
especially ones 
who seemed bigger than me.
better than me.
smarter than me.
"What chance does a toy like me
have against him?" I ask.

I must admit I was a little jealous,
but I never let it get to the best of me.
I let fate take its course
and just went with the flow.

I want to be noticed,
or even better,
remembered.

But before I knew it, 
I was the most favored.
I didn't want to admit it, though. 

I'm always up for adventures,
even if I don't know where I'm headed to
always taking chances
even if I know the outcome won't be good.

I want to be the one you can depend on
the one who you can call a leader
sticking to his word,
the loyal one.

I built friendships
and intend to keep them
doing everything possible
just to help them when they're in need
comforting them in all ways I could. 
I'll always be there for you no matter what
like a real cowboy should be.
Because when times get tough
and the road gets rough
I'll reassure you
that "you'll be fine, partner."

3 comments:

  1. Very nice graphic! It's done very well and I like how you incoorperated the quote that you used in the very end of your poem! I don't see how you could improve it anymore then it already is, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your picture. It seems like it was taken off the internet so that's how you know that it's a really good picture. I like how you used the last sentence in the poem for the statement that you used, in the picture. Kepp up za good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on graphic. there is no real changes you need to make. you could maybe add text in the background to really show characteristics you chose to allude to. maybe in the clouds. MS(3+)

    ReplyDelete